Sony Xperia X is an Android v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) smartphone but there is plan for an upgrade to v7.0 (Nougat) operating system. It packs Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 chipset with hexa-core (4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A72) CPU. It’s also backed by Adreno 510 GPU and 3 GB of RAM. The Xperia X has more than enough power to do regular tasks. Its fast processing speed allows you to do many things more effectively. You don’t have to waste your time due to laggish performance. If you need a device to support your works then it’s the one, a great productivity booster. If you need entertainment, it will also serve you well. Playing high-graphics games shouldn’t be a problem in this device. The 4G LTE connectivity is also a good addition since you can enjoy faster data speed. To support the performance, a non-removable Li-Ion 2620 mAh battery is planted inside. Sony Xperia X offers 32/64 GB built-in memory (optional) so you have plenty of space to store your important files. It’s surprising that you can still add microSD card (up to 256 GB) to expand the storage capacity.
Sony Xperia X, as you might have expected, comes with the manufacturer’s signature design. It’s boxy and now it has slightly curved glass edges. The phone boasts a 5.0″ Full HD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and 441 ppi pixel density. It has 69.6% screen-to-body ratio. To enhance the quality of the visuals it’s also equipped with Triluminos display technology, X-Reality Engine and Dynamic Contrast Enhancement. Sony Xperia X seems ready to bring you the best viewing experience. However, it’s a bit unfortunate that it doesn’t have water resistance feature like its predecessor. When it comes to navigation, the Xperia X has a very responsive touchscreen that supports multitouch up to 10 fingers. For protection, it includes scratch-resistant glass and oleophobic coating.
As Sony always does, this time it also offers amazing cameras. The primary23 MP camera is embedded on the rear side of the phone. It has rich features including f/2.0 aperture, 24mm, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, 1/2.3″ sensor size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama mode and video recording capability up to 1080p@30fps and 1080p@60fps. This camera is perfect for those who love photography. It doesn’t serve as professional camera but the quality should satisfy their interest. If that’s not enough, you can see the front panel where a secondary13 MP camera is embedded above the screen. It features f/2.0 aperture, 22mm, 1/3″ sensor size and video recording capability (1080p).
Other features available in Sony Xperia X:
– Loudspeaker with stereo speakers
– 24-bit/192kHz audio
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
– Connectivity options: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot; Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, aptX, LE; microUSB v2.0; USB Host; NFC
– GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
– FM radio, RDS
– Fingerprint sensor and compass
– Accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, barometer
– Email, Instant Messaging, Push Email, HTML5 browser
– Fast battery charging: 60% in 30 min (Quick Charge 2.0)
– Xvid/MP4/H.265 player
– MP3/eAAC+/WAV/Flac player
– Document viewer
– Photo and video editor
Size: 142.7 x 69.4 x 7.9 mm (5.62 x 2.73 x 0.31 in)
Weight: 153 g (5.40 oz)
How to Hard Reset Sony Xperia X
- Back up any important data that is saved on the internal memory of your device to a memory card or other non-internal memory.
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If required, draw your screen unlock pattern or enter your screen unlock password or PIN to continue.
- To confirm, tap Erase everything.