A huge 5.5″ Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution (267 ppi pixel density), an improved S pen stylus that can boost productivity and a powerful quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 processor are some interesting features that you can find in Galaxy Note 2. The screen is terrific for watching videos, viewing photos and playing games. Text are sharp and easy to read. There’s nothing to expect but a great viewing experience. The screen is also equipped with Multitouch support, TouchWiz UI, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Proximity sensor.
The quad-core processor is backed by Mali-400MP GPU and 2 GB of RAM. It delivers great processing speed so you can execute various tasks smoothly. The phone uses Android v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system but there’s chance to upgrade it to v4.4.2 (KitKat). It’s pretty generous by providing 16/32/64 GB of internal storage. It even includes memory card slot for storage expansion. Connectivity opitons are quite various, it has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual-band), Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot; DLNA; Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR; NFC; and microUSB v2.0 (MHL), USB Host.
The main 8 MP rear camera can produce great photos, especially when they’re taken outdoors. It’s also capable of recording HD video up to 1080p@30fps. The camera is equipped with some features like autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, and image stabilization. The 1.9 MP front-facing camera will be useful for video calling.
- 4G LTE support
- Digital compass, Barometer
- Stereo FM radio with RDS (N7100 only)
- GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- ANT+ support
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- Smart Stay and Smart Rotate eye tracking
- SNS integration
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dropbox (50 GB cloud storage)
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Image/video editor
- Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery
Dimensions: 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm (5.95 x 3.17 x 0.37 in)
Weight: 183 g (6.46 oz)