LG Optimus G boasts a lovely 4.7″ True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen with a high resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels (318 ppi pixel density). You can view sharp images and vibrant colors. It has good brightness and contrast. The touchscreen is very responsive and supports multitouch. The large size gives you more space to type comfortably on its onscreen keyboard. Don’t worry about the scratches, the screen is already protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2. The display is also equipped with LG Optimus UI v3.0, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Proximity sensor.
The Optimus G comes with a quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait processor, Adreno 320 GPU and 2 GB of RAM inside. They make this smartphone a beast. Everything can be done smoothly with amazing speed. For the operating system, it uses Android v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). The phone also supports 4G network, which means you’ll be able to enjoy faster data connection. There are many options for connectivity, including Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual-band), Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot; DLNA; Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP; microUSB v2.0 (MHL), USB Host; and NFC. 16 GB of internal storage should be good enough to accommodate your files. It even includes a pre-installed 16 GB memory card that can be expanded up to 64 GB.
The 8 MP rear camera does a great job in taking photos and videos. It features autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization, HDR and video recording capability 1080p@30fps. On the front panel is a secondary 1.3 MP camera that can be used for video calling.
- Email, Push Mail, Instant Messaging, RSS
- Adobe Flash
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- SNS applications
- MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV/DviX player
- MP3/WMA/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+/AC3 player
- Dolby mobile sound enhancement
- Photo viewer/editor
- Document viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Non-removable Li-Po 2100 mAh battery
Dimensions: 130.8 x 71.6 x 8.4 mm (5.15 x 2.82 x 0.33 in)
Weight: 147.1 g (5.19 oz)
Set Up the Phone
Press and hold the Power/Lock Button to turn the phone on.
If your phone is activated, it will turn on, search for Sprint service, and begin the setup application.
If your phone is not yet activated, see Activate Your Phone for more information.
Factory Data Reset
- Tap Home key > Menu key > Systems settings > Backup & reset.
- If you are certain that you would like to restore all factory settings, tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- Enter your unlock sequence if you have configured one, then tap Erase everything to confirm