Hard resetting means you will restore the phone’s factory settings. This process will erase all data on your phone. It is highly suggested that you make a backup of your important files before performing the hard reset. There are two ways t hard reset the Lumia 540.
- Swipe down the screen and go to Settings.
- Tap about.
- Choose Reset your phone.
If you still can’t hard reset the phone, another alternative would be the instructions below.
Microsoft Lumia 540 Hard Reset via Physical Buttons:
- Switch off the phone.
- Press the Power Button until the phone vibrates and then release the button.
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button until you see the exclamation mark. Release the button.
- Press the following buttons in chronological order: Volume Up – Volume Down – Power – Volume Down.
- The hard reset process will be started immediately.