The name is very intriguing, Motorola Droid Turbo. But does the name represent its performance as well? Well, reading its specifications can make you hold your breath. Let’s start from its exterior. The Droid Turbo boasts a spacious 5.2 Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a very high resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels (565 ppi pixel density). It’s incredible and ready to blow your mind. Nothing to expect but a superb viewing experience. You can imagine super crisp images with great details and sharp colors. This is probably the best phone display in the market. The Corning Gorilla Glass 3 will protect this beautiful screen from scratches. It’s also splash resistant. There are other supporting features like Moto display, Multitouch, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Proximity sensor.
What lies inside of the phone will shock you more. A quad-core 2.7 GHz Krait 450 processor is paired with Adreno 420 GPU and 3 GB of RAM. No wonder why it is called Turbo. Without further explanations, those specifications have already reflected the strength of Motorola Droid Turbo. The 4G LTE support and long battery life make it even better. With 32/64 GB of internal storage, the absence of memory card slot is not a big deal. For the operating system, it uses Android v4.4.4 (KitKat). A brilliant 21 MP rear camera looks perfect for photography lovers. It is equipped with autofocus, dual-LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR and HD video recording capability (2160p@24fps, 1080p@30fps). The Droid Turbo also includes a 2 MP camers on the front panel. It’s good for taking selfies and video calling.
Other features of Motorola Droid Turbo:
- Connectivity options: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot; DLNA; Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP, LE; NFC; Infrared port; and microUSB v2.0.
- Compass, Push Mail, Instant Messaging, HTML5 browser
- GPS with A-GPS & GLONASS
- Fast battery charging: 60% in 30 min (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Wireless charging (Qi-enabled)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP4/H.265 player and MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Photo/video editor
- Document editor
- Voice memo/dial/commands
Dimensions: 143.5 x 73.3 x 8.3 – 11.2
Weight: 169 g (5.96 oz)
Motorola Droid Turbo Factory Data Reset (Hard Reset)
A factory data (hard) reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can’t hear, device making noises, can’t make or receive calls, and device won’t sync. Perform a factory data reset only if absolutely necessary as it removes all data, including downloaded apps.
- From a Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- From the Personal section, tap Backup & reset. To determine if an issue is caused by a third-party app, uncheck Automatic Restore.
- From the Personal Data section, tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone. If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
- Tap Erase everything. Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete. To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.