Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD will easily remind you to another Motorola Droid phone, the Razr HD. You might not notice the difference. They have the same height and width, but the Maxx HD is a bit thicker and heavier than the Razr HD. The Razr Maxx HD comes with 4.7″ Super AMOLED display featuring 720 x 1280 pixels resolution (312 ppi pixel density). You can enjoy great viewing experience from its display. The colors, details and brightness are very satisfying. Operating the phone is even easier with the help of a responsive capacitive touchscreen. The front panel is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass to protect it from scratches. That’s not the only protection feature since the Razr Maxx HD is also splash-resistant.
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD is a 4G smartphone, which means you’ll be able to enjoy faster data connection. For the hardware, it is backed by a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM. The general performance is satisfactory. It has no problem at all in running Android OS v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). You can upgrade the operating system to v4.4 (KitKat). The Razr Maxx HD works pretty fast –though it might be better with quad core processor– and handles most tasks quite well. With 16/32 GB of internal storage (optional), you can save a lot of videos and photos. If that doesn’t satisfy you yet, memory card slot is available for storage expansion.
The 8 MP rear camera does a great job in taking still pictures and videos. It is capable of recording video up to 1080p@30fps. Some supporting features like autofocus, LED flash, touch focus, geo-tagging and face detection are included. If you want to make a video call or take selfies, the Razr Maxx HD has a front-facing 1.3 MP camera.
Other features in Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD:
- Connectivity options: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual-band), hotspot; DLNA; Bluetooth v4.0, EDR, LE; NFC; and microUSB v2.0.
- Accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass, barometer
- Email, Push Email, Instant Messaging
- HTML5 browser, Adobe Flash
- GPS with A-GPS, S-GPS, GLONASS
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- HDMI port
- MP3/AAC+/WAV/WMA player and MP4/H.264/WMV player
- Document viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial/commands
Size: 131.9 x 67.9 x 9.3 mm (5.19 x 2.67 x 0.37 in)
Weight: 157 g (5.54 oz)
How to perform factory data reset on Motorola Droid Razr HD
- From a home screen, tap Apps (located at the bottom).
- From the Apps tab, tap Settings.
- Tap Backup & reset. To determine if an issue is caused by a third-party app, uncheck Automatic Restore.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone. If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
- Tap Erase everything. Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete. To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
*Warning: Perform a factory data reset only if absolutely necessary as it removes all data including downloaded apps.