Samsung BD-D6700 blu-ray player comes with a beautiful design. It has slim body and two-tone color, silver and black, which make it looks attractive. The BD-D6700 doesn’t have disc drawer since it applies slot-loading design. When you place the disc in the slot, it will be automatically pulled in. The enhanced graphic user interface makes this blu-ray player even more attractive. It looks modern and colorful.
Samsung BD-D6700 has the capability to load blu-ray movies quickly. It also performs fast navigation, so you can browse menus or skip chapters smoothly. The BD-D6700 comes with 1 GB Built-in memory and some connectivity options like 1 Component Video Output; 1 Composite Video Output; Optical Digital Audio Out; Analog Audio Out: Stereo; 1 Ethernet LAN; and 1 USB port.
There are a lot of interesting features that you can find in this blu-ray player, including Full HD 1080p up-scaling; 3D Blu-ray playback with 2D to 3D conversion; Built-in Wi-Fi; Dual HDMI Outputs; AllShare (DNLA-compliant); “One Foot Connection” support; and Samsung Smart Hub. With the Smart Hub, you’ll be able to search and access favorite contents from various sources like Netflix, Vudu, YouTube, Blockbuster, Pandora and even MLB.TV. It’s also good to know that Samsung BD-D6700 can be controlled by a smartphone. The applications are available for iOS and Android.
Dimensions: 16.9″W X 8.2″D X 1.3″H
Weight: 3.8 lbs (1.7kg)
Setting Up (page 29 of the manual)
- Turn on your TV after connecting the player. When you connect the player to a TV for the first time, player turns on automatically and the Initial Settings screen appears.
- Press the ▲▼◄► buttons to select the desired language, and then press the ENTER button.
- Press the ENTER button to select Start.
- Press the ▲▼ buttons to select the desired TV Aspect Ratio, and then press the ENTER button. (See page 32)
- Press the ▲▼ buttons to select the desired Network Settings: Wired, Wireless (General), WPS(PBC) or One Foot Connection, and then press the ENTER button. If you do not know the details of your Network Settings, press the BLUE (D) button on your remote instead to skip Network Settings here, finish the Initial Settings, and go to the Home menu. If you selected a Network Setting, go to pages 38~42 for more information about the Network settings. When done, go to Step 6.
- The Home menu appears. (For more information about the Home menu, please see page 30.)
How to Reset
The Reset function initializes all downloaded widgets, erases all user accounts and settings from the player, and resets all Smart Hub settings to the factory default settings. It then restarts Smart Hub as if it were starting for the first time. Your account, however, remains on the Smart Hub server. To log into your account, enter your ID and password on the Create Account screen.
To use the Reset function, follow these steps:
- In the Settings menu, select Reset, and then press the ENTER button. The Reset screen appears.
- Enter your Security password. This is the password you entered if you set up a BD or DVD Parental rating (See page 44). If you did not, enter 0000.
- After a few moments, Smart Hub automatically resets. The screen may go black, then Smart Hub re-appears. In a few moments, it starts the re-initialization procedure.
- To complete the re-initialization, go to Step 4 in Starting Smart Hub for the First Time. (See page 56)
*NOTE: If you forgot your password, press the STOP button on the front panel of the player for more than 5 seconds with no disc inserted.