Samsung BD-D6500 Blu-ray player has a slim and lightweight design with gloss-black finish on the top. It doesn’t only have a good look, but also has quick loading time and quiet operation. This great performance goes along with many interesting features like 3D capability, built-in Wi-Fi, Samsung’s SmartHub interface, a wide variety of streaming-media services (including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Blockbuster, VUDU, ESPN, Pandora and many more), and DLNA-compliant. The device supports a variety of video file types including AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, and MPEG video. You can also stream MP3 and WMA music files. For pictures, it supports JPEG format.
The BD-D6500 doesn’t only focus on visual quality. There are some audio supporting features that you can find, such as Dolby Digital Plus Audio Decoding Format, Dolby True HD Audio Decoding Format, DTS Audio Decoding Format, DTS-HD Master Audio Decoding Format, and LPCM Audi Decoding Format. For the connectivity, it includes one HDMI, one component video, one A/V, an ethernet jack, USB input and an optical digital output.
Dimensions: 16.9 x 1.3 x 8.2 inches
Weight: 3.8 lbs
Setting Up Samsung BD D6500
- Turn on your TV after connecting the player. When you connect the player to a TV for the first time, player turns on automatically and the Initial Settings screen appears.
- Press the ▲▼◄► buttons to select the desired language, and then press the ENTER button.
- Press the ENTER button to select Start.
- Press the ▲▼ buttons to select the desired TV Aspect Ratio, and then press the ENTER button. (See page 31)
- Press the ▲▼ buttons to select the desired Network Settings : Wired, Wireless (General), WPS(PBC) or One Foot Connection, and then press the ENTER button. If you do not know the details of your Network Settings, press the BLUE (D) button on your remote instead to skip Network Settings here, finish the Initial Settings, and go to the Home menu. If you selected a Network Setting, go to pages 37~41 for more information about the Network settings. When done, go to Step 6.
- The Home menu appears. (For more information about the Home menu, please see page 29.)
Resetting Samsung BD-D6500
The Reset function initializes all downloaded widgets, erases all user accounts and settings from the player, and resets all Smart Hub settings to the factory default settings.
To use the Reset function, follow these steps:
- In the Settings menu, select Reset, and then press the ENTER button. The Reset screen appears.
- Enter the your Security password. This is the password you entered if you set up a BD or DVD Parental rating (See page 42). If you did not, enter 0000.
- After a few moments, Smart Hub automatically resets. The screen may go black, then Smart Hub re-appears. In a few moments, it starts the re-initialization procedure.
- To complete the re-initialization, go to Step 4 in Starting Smart Hub for the First Time. (See page 54)