Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 has a lot of interesting features to offer. It has a sleek design with a large 10.1” IPS LCD display. The screen has a resolution of 1366×768 pixels, which is pretty good for its size. You can enjoy sharp images and vibrant colors on it. It has good viewing angles too. The touchscreen is quite responsive and support multitouch (up to 5 fingers). There are also other supporting features like LED backlight, Anti-glare, Ambient light sensor and Proximity sensor.
ThinkPad Tablet 2 is a Windows tablet. It runs on Windows 8 Professional operating system. To support its performance, a 1.8 GHz dual core Intel Atomprocessor is paired with 2 GB of RAM. Everything works fine in this tablet. Apps can load properly and there is no problem when switching between menus. With 64 GB of internal storage, you’ll have a lot of space to store your videos, photos, music and other files. You can even add extra space by using external memory card. For the connectivity, this tablet includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0; and USB 2.0. The main 8 MP camera is attached on the back of the tablet. It is equipped with auto-focus, LED flash (outside LCD), and video recording capability (720p). A secondary 2 MP front-facing camera seems perfect for video calling.
- Optional digitizer and pen for precision input
- 1 Mini HDMI; Sensor hub; Dual-array digital microphone with noise cancellation
- Keyboard dock
- Intel AppUp
- Lenovo Cloud Storage, Lenovo QuickSnip, Lenovo Companion
- Microsoft Office 2010 (requires purchase of product key for activation)
- Rara – Music
Dimensions: 10.1” x 6.9” x 0.34” (262.6 x 164.6 x 9.8mm)
Initial setup instructions
To use the tablet the first time after you take it out of the box, ensure that you follow the instructions below:
1. Use the supplied USB cable and ThinkPad Tablet AC Adapter to connect the tablet to an electrical outlet.
2. Press the power button to turn on the tablet.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the initial setup.
Restoring your tablet to the factory default state
You can restore your tablet to the factory default state. Restore the tablet reinstalls the operating system, programs, and settings that came with your tablet. To avoid data loss, make a backup copy of all the data that you want to keep before you restore your tablet.
To reset your tablet, do one the following:
Using a USB recovery key provided by Lenovo (32 GB models only):
- When you turn on the tablet, press the power button together with the volume up button at the same time to enter the ThinkPad Setup program.
- On the Boot submenu, select USB Drive, and then tap “+/–” until the USB Drive is shown as the first startup device.
- Insert the USB recovery key into the USB connector of your tablet.
- Tap F10 to save the configuration change and exit ThinkPad Setup. The tablet restarts and the recovery program opens.
- Depending on your needs, select the language you prefer in the drop-down list box. Click Next.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Using the recovery application provided by Microsoft (all models except 32 GB models):
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen to display the charms.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Change PC settings.
- Tap General.
- In the Remove everything and reinstall Windows section, tap Get started